RCC has created a pre-written letter to make sure candidates and elected officials understand retail’s impact in your community and how they can support our sector.
Automatically send this letter to all the registered candidates in your electoral riding.
In the SEND YOUR LETTER window to the left, all you need to do is:
- Enter your residential address or postal code, and click SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION.
- The window will display the following:
- A map of your riding
- A list of registered candidates from all political parties in your riding
- Confirm that your riding is correct and click CONTINUE.
- Fill in your Personal Information and Residential address, and click CONTINUE.
- Confirm that your personal information is correct, and see the listed candidates who will receive your letter.
- Click Preview to confirm the details in your letter. Enter your email address, then click SEND.
Your letter will be automatically sent to the correct candidate(s) for you.
KEY ISSUES FOR MERCHANTS THAT ELECTED OFFICIALS NEED TO KNOW:
Restore the policy making authority of WorkSafeNB and limit the retroactive decisions of the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Tribunal. This will slow the massive increases in workers’ compensation premiums
Once the provincial budget is balanced, take steps to lower the provincial portion of the Harmonized Sales Tax from 15% to 13%.
Provide a dedicated resource to support regulatory harmonization between Atlantic Provinces. This resource would support the Office of Regulatory Affairs and Service Effectiveness in New Brunswick
Recognize the importance of the retail sector by developing a strategy that supports the growth of small, mid-sized and large retailers.